12 May 2012

Pubs: Lamb & Flag

12 April 2012 - Lamb & Flag, Westminster, London


I met an American expat friend at the Lamb & Flag in Westminster for a pre-dinner pint.  As per usual, pre-dinner drinks take place right around the same time as the post-work pub rush, so the pub was full to the brim and spilling out into the street.

flare-iphoto-export-356653020

This pub is allegedly the oldest pub in Covent Garden.  Like most old pubs it has a dark and convoluted wood beam interior that can get almost oppressive when packed with people.  I procured a pint of Peroni and we headed upstairs in hopes of finding a table.

flare-iphoto-export-356654618

The Peroni was pretty good.  What was not good was the lady at the next table who stared at me and my friend the whole freaking time we were there.  Okay lady, we're in the middle of London, is it really that unusual to hear two Americans talking to each other?  I suppressed my usual, don't-stare-at-me scowl, since I was with company.

flare-iphoto-export-356653673

I probably won't go back to this pub.  It didn't really stand out enough to me to warrant a repeat visit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment